Cherry season is short so let’s jump in with a red, white and blue table with fresh cherries (and a fresh cherry pie recipe), and an outfit that works well for Summer and July Fourth!
Also, we have our son, Tommy’s excellent BBQ rib recipe, and more for my Five Faves with Annie and Cindy!
1. Red White And Blue Table With Fresh Cherries
Do you know how I like to use the ingredients in the centerpiece to reveal the menu (ie, Lemon Recipes, Spring Table, and Dinner Party Ideas With Peaches and Apricots)? Well, for this small party…it was Cherry Season!
Shop the Red White And Blue Table With Fresh Cherries Setting
2. Tommy’s Delicious New Take On Barbecued Pork Ribs
I twisted our son, Tommy’s arm for this…it’s a really succulent dish and the Japanese BBQ sauce makes it great! The link is for Amazon, but Tommy’s says you can find the sauce at Costco and Whole Foods.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the rack of ribs by cutting through the filmy part against the bone and pulling it off with your finger.
- Season all over with a rib rub. Leave overnight in the fridge, or at least an hour or two in the fridge.
- Let sit out for 1-2 hours before cooking.
- Wrap completely in aluminum foil.
- Put in oven 280 degrees for 2.5 hours, then 330 for 0.5 hours.
- Pull out of the oven, remove the aluminum foil, slather bbq sauce all over, and broil for 2-3 mins. Remove from oven, let sit 10 mins, reapply bbq sauce, garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve.
3. Old Fashioned Pie Recipe With Fresh Cherries
This step is important as you will be tempted to eat it right away and not wait 3 to 4 hours:
“Remove pie from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and cool for at least 3-4 hours before slicing and serving. The filling will be too juicy if the pie is warm when you slice it.”
4. Cherry Red Outfit
I love everything here like the red blouse (40% off–fun to take on a trip). I have the raffia and leather slides and they are comfortable. Also, the white chinos are awesome and cool. I like them so much, I’m wondering if I should get another pair while they are still on sale (and not sold out).
Shop The Summer Red Outfit
5. What To Watch
Yesterday, I watched “A Beautiful Life” on Netflix dubbed in English (all the music is in English).
“Elliott, a young fisherman with an extraordinary voice, gets the chance of a lifetime when high-profile music manager Suzanne discovers him at a party.”
The main star, Christopher, in real life is a Danish singer from Copenhagen with a huge following… he’s pretty cute to look at, too! Not sure if it would be Howard’s cup of tea…but I liked it so much I downloaded all the music from the film.
If you are new here, each Sunday I share my top five favorite things along with my friends, Cindy and Annie. It’s like our weekly “catch-up” phone call. If you would like to receive this series every week, please sign up HERE.
Let’s see what Annie and Cindy’s Five Faves are this week: