Here are festive Memorial Day Party Ideas (that would be great for July Fourth, too) that include games, a patriotic outdoor table, and a tasty grilled menu.
And since it’s Five Faves Time with Cindy and Annie, I’m also rating our new outdoor chaises for you, showing our herb container garden, and some finishing touches to a primary suite that we accomplished remotely.
1. Memorial Day Party Ideas
- Put out some patriotic pillows like these inexpensive ones on our front porch from Target.
- Set a Festive Table with a pretty tablecloth (that can be used all year round), a wicker and metal drinks bucket, a great melamine platter for serving outdoors, and string party lights (on a remote–we have these).
- Let’s Play Games: It’s fun and engaging to play games like the bean bag toss that I recently bought from Target or the croquet set that I’m eyeing at Pottery Barn. Have prizes for the winners. (I will especially do this for the Fourth of July…the kids are coming from California).
- Participate in the National Moment of Remembrance: Observed at 3:00 PM local time on Memorial Day, the National Moment of Remembrance asks Americans to pause for one minute to remember the people who died in military service. Pause the music or games taking place to remember what the day is really about.
- Grill Dinner Outdoors…
2. Memorial Day Barbecue Menu With Fresh Herbs From Our New Garden
Howard planted herb gardens next to the potted lime tree.
I ordered these from Etsy: Porcelain Handmade Garden Stakes.
With all these fresh herbs, we are going to make Grilled Steak With Delicious Chimichurri Sauce again!
3. Reclining Outdoor Chaises – A Review
Do you read the reviews before you purchase? I do and these reclining chaises got 4.6 stars out of five ($416 for two chaises) from Wayfair.
One thing that was mentioned was that they were not that easy to put together so I ordered the assembly service plan with it. Totally worth it if you don’t enjoy that sort of thing!
- The chaises have a thin inner foam liner that makes them more comfortable than if they were just mesh.
- I like the fresher colors rather than similarly priced chaises from Target or Costco.
- They have hidden back wheels which make them easier to move according to how much sun you want.
The mesh liner takes longer to dry after rain or with a wet bathing suit on it.
Bottom-line…I recommend them. So nice to sit out here by the pool in the afternoon with a book and a cold drink.
Shop The Porch Furniture:
4. Finishing Touches For A Primary Suite
My client, Patricia, and her husband live in a gorgeous community near San Diego called Rancho Santa Fe. She wanted some direction (via the telephone and email) to finish her bathroom and bedroom.
We purchased the larger WS Home mirrors (Gramercy 36″ x 48″ in Polished Nickel) and washable vintage-looking rugs from Ruggable instead of bath mats. There is another vanity like the above on the other side of the room.
Shop The Primary Suite:
5. Can You Relate To This?
New Yorker Cartoons on Instagram
Thanks for visiting!
If you are new here, each Sunday I share my top five favorite things along with my friends, Cindy and Annie. It’s like our weekly “catch-up” phone call. If you would like to receive this series every week, please sign up HERE.
Let’s see what Annie and Cindy’s Five Faves are this week: