Today I’m sharing my must-have beauty products (for a gal that wants a quick routine), a quality cashmere throw that I bought for a good price, soothing California interiors, and my granddaughter’s nursery plan.
All over the place? YES! Because it’s Five Faves time with Annie and Cindy.
1. Well-Priced Luxe Cashmere Throws — Nice For The Cooler Weather
Have you heard of Quince? They are only online and carry high-quality cashmere sweaters and home goods. I recently bought a cashmere throw for $130 that’s super luxurious (comparable to some I’ve bought for clients for almost twice that).
It would make a really nice gift. There are several colors. I bought the camel color.
2. California Style – Pure Salt Interiors
I follow Pure Salt Interiors in Southern California on Instagram. Their interiors are soothing.
Photos by: @vlentine
3. My Must-Have Current Beauty Products
My everyday make-up is a fairly quick routine. These are what I use…
- Selena Gomez’s brightening concealer (My new favorite. I had to wait weeks for it to be back in stock after trying it on in Sephora). It’s lightweight, hydrating, and has good coverage.
- Benefit small size mascara. I switch it out for a new one at the beginning of each month.
- Benefit waterproof eyebrow pencil (with parts of my eyebrows going grey, I really love this).
- Nars American Woman lip stain.
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer… it’s back and even improved!
- Kerastase strengthening shampoo.
- A small loose powder that you press on…works wonders. I keep it in my purse. It has an ingenious lid that flips up to act as a handle.
- Sephora’s well-priced pressed powder. Nice coverage.
- Also back in stock that I use every day (not shown) is Dior BACKSTAGE Rosy Glow Blush.
4. Louisa’s Nursery Plan
My daughter, Alexandra, likes a modern/vintage mix. So I drew up this plan for our granddaughter using a greyscale pastoral wallpaper from Etsy, my mother’s crystal chandelier, a new swivel glider, Alexandra’s vintage globes, a black floor lamp that we had, pale pink velvet curtains, and a crib and shelving from Crate and Barrel by Leanne Ford.
Well, it took the wind out of my sails a bit when Alexandra didn’t like the removable wallpaper (my favorite part of the vintage theme). So instead of buying the wallpaper for them, we purchased the curtains and tall arched shelves.
We styled the shelves recently via Facetime with Louisa and Alexandra’s silver baby gifts and vintage books (that were mine growing up). The crystal bowl with the hair bows was my great-grandmother’s (a California pioneer). So is that Louisa’s great-great-great grandmother?
5. My Favorite Pumpkin
And speaking of Louisa…I miss her but we Facetime almost every day thanks to her mom. I’m hoping she will recognize my face or voice when we see each other again in December.
Louisa’s other grandma knitted the beautiful blankets. And you should see all the sweet little sweaters that she has done for her! A couple of takeaways from the photos: don’t wake Louisa up from a nap to take a photo and will she grow into those cheeks?
Those are my must-have beauty products, quality well-priced cashmere throws, Pure Salt Interiors, and more.
You may also like Eight Exceptional Beauty Products That Are Worth the Splurge!
If you are new here, each Sunday I share my top five favorite things along with my friends, Cindy and Annie. It’s like our weekly “catch-up” phone call. If you would like to receive this series every week, please sign up HERE.
Let’s see what Annie and Cindy’s Five Faves are this week: