Good morning! Today on my Five Faves, I am talking about Lap of Luxury Gifts for her (your sister, mom, best friend) that don’t necessarily cost a fortune. Don’t forget to check out Annie’s and Cindy’s faves, too.
1. Revolutionary Coffee Maker
We’ve had a Nespresso maker for 20 years…ever since Howard had one at the office in Paris and we bought one for home. But it wasn’t until recently at Cindy Hattersley’s house that I tried the latest version! The Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Maker makes the best coffee! So rich and creamy.
“Meet the first-ever Nespresso machine to brew both true American coffee and authentic Italian espresso. A total game-changer in the coffee world, it relies on patented Centrifusion™ technology for state-of-the-art brewing. Just pop in a Nespresso capsule – the VertuoLine machine scans the capsule’s bar code, then automatically custom-brews the ultimate cup of coffee or espresso.”
At $210, it’s not cheap but not crazy expensive like a professional espresso machine (or Starbucks over time). We paid extra for the frother.
So anyway, Howard and I bought one for each other as an early Christmas present. We will still keep the old Nespresso for our second home…more about that later.
2. Over 50 Fashion – Wedding Guest Dress
The Aidan Mattox dress that I wore as a wedding guest in Washington D.C. last weekend is sold out now. But it also comes in blush and is on sale! It is supposed to fit just below the knees but since I’m shorter, it is a bit longer on me. This is a regular size 6.
Other Aidan Mattox Over 50 Wedding Guest Dresses
3. Over 50 Casual Cashmere
SO soft! You can get it in a v-neck now too….lots of colors. I’d like a black, lime or orange one. What’s your favorite color?
Isn’t Mercedes and her house pretty? We stayed with them in Atlantic Beach, FL. We love the little town by the ocean and are considering buying a second home there.
4. “Younger Next Year”
Our fit sixty-something friend, Eric swears by this book, “Younger Next Year” by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge, MD. “Live Strong, Fit, Sexy, and Smart–Until You’re 80 and Beyond.”
Eric is so vibrant… I ordered it right away for Howard and me. I plan to read it today.
5. Lap of Luxury Gifts For Her
- A lot of you already bought this cashmere poncho (heck! I have two)…but I loved it so much on our recent trip…on the plane and over my coat for an extra layer, I thought I should mention it again. ($78) One size fits all.
- Sephora sometimes sells out of this Tatcha face cream…I love it. My cousin, Patricia (she has gorgeous skin) first gave it to me. ($68)
- I received the “Lush Life” book as I gift (Thanks, Claire). Love it! I’ve already given it to two friends. ($35)
- Jo Malone candle in Pomegranate Noir is super popular. My friend, Debbie brought it to a White Elephant Christmas gift exchange and everyone fought over it. ($70)
- Your loved one will be amazed at how soft these Eberjey pajamas feel. I like the cropped version since I’m shorter. ($118).
Those are my “Lap Of Luxury” gifts for her or you! You may also like Vogue’s Best Gifts For Women.
Let’s see what Annie and Cindy’s Five Faves are this week that include: