Here are gifts Mom wants like heartfelt presents that say I love you (most without costing a fortune) along with Costco products you need to check out, a great dress, cool stores in SoCal, and more!
It’s Five Faves time with Annie and Cindy!
1. A Versatile Shirt Dress
Shop The Dress:
2. Costco Products Everyone Loves
Last weekend, I was in San Diego to celebrate my sister, Teresa’s birthday with some of her girlfriends.
The subject of well-priced things at Costco kept coming up and our friend, Tammy compiled the list for me on my phone:
- Suja turmeric ginger shots (cheaper than Trader Joe’s) “Packed with functional ingredients like ginger, turmeric, echinacea, and probiotics, the Immunity Defense Shot is sure to give you the boost you need!”
- Perfect bars (find them in the refrigerated section or freezer). Tammy eats these nutritious bars for breakfast or as a snack.
- Breakfast Brie cheese. Teresa had these on her charcuterie board and we all loved the cheeses.
- Yoga tights (Danskin). Tammy gave these well-made workout tights to Teresa as a gift. They are similar to much higher-priced tights.
- Milton’s Gluten-free baked crackers. Milton’s Deli is in San Diego so I am not sure if you can find them at all Costco’s.
- My daughter, Alexandra had an addition for us, Utz Pub Mix (really good).
And that’s your Costco recommendations from my girlfriends to YOU! Can you add your Costco favorites in the comments, please?
3. “New to Me” Cool SoCal Stores That Are Worth Visiting!
In San Diego (Coronado Island), my sister and I had fun exploring Francaise (and the unique goods). There is a great restaurant next door called, The Henry that Teresa’s friend, John treated us to. I want to go back!
Then, in Beverly Hills, my daughter and I went to Soho Home (a store where you can shop the design that furnished the Soho House clubs). They have a great online store, too.
You may also like The Best Home Shops In West Hollywood.
4. What To Watch: Akeela And The Bee
On the airplane ride coming back to Florida from Los Angeles, I watched Akeela And The Bee (available on Amazon Prime). Released in 2006, I’m not sure how I missed it. It was really touching and the whole family can watch it.
“Akeelah, an 11-year-old girl living in South Los Angeles, discovers she has a talent for spelling, which she hopes will take her to the National Spelling Bee.”
5. Gifts Mom Wants! Celebrate Motherhood With These Top Picks
Here are some gift ideas for the mama in your life without spending a ton of money.
The best Mother’s Day gift: A heartfelt written letter (or email at the least) • Target Earthenware Vase with grocery store flowers hand-delivered makes an excellent last-minute gift• Jewelry: J. Crew Beaded Earrings On Super Sale (I have these in white) • Macaroons From Ladurée (see below) • Olive Oil in Reusable Hand-painted Cruet from Puglia • Luxe Cashmere Throw blanket for $129 (similar to $300 throws) • fun colorful glasses
About these thoughtful gifts Mom wants:
- Your mom’s favorite gift will be a letter from you with three or four paragraphs about your memories of her and why you love her.
- Goldbelly provides the macaroons from Ladurée: “In celebration of its 160th anniversary, Maison Ladurée created an exclusive box of 18 macarons. Founded in France in 1862, it’s possibly the most well-known luxury pastry shop in the world. Queen Catherine de Medici originally brought the single macaron to France from Italy in the 16th century, but it was a Ladurée baker who had the original idea to stick two macaron shells together, with creamy ganache as filling.”
- Your mom can always use extra-virgin olive oil…how about some in a pretty cruet imported from Italy?
- I have two of these luxurious cashmere throws (different colors) …a nice layer for colder months or too strong A/C.
- Glasses break…so your mom might get a kick out of some pretty new ones!
- Also, if you know a spa she likes, a gift card for a little self-care like a massage or pedicure could be a perfect gift.
What’s the best gift for you this Mother’s Day?
If you are new here, each Sunday I share my top five favorite things along with my friends, Cindy and Annie. It’s like our weekly “catch-up” phone call. If you would like to receive this series every week, please sign up HERE.
Let’s see what Annie and Cindy’s Five Faves are this week: