Happy first day of Summer! If you have been to Paris before, you’ve probably done the iconic sites like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre (always great!) but here are some fun things to do in Paris that you may not have tried…
- Lunch with a view of Paris! They remodeled the top floor of the Printemps Haussmann Men’s department store into a giant upscale French food court so that you can have lunch or a snack with panoramic views of Paris.
Notice my “sneakers”? Thank God (since you walk so much there) sneakers are all the rage with the Parisians and there is a whole section devoted to them in Printemps right now in the women’s store.
2. Chez Marianne’s is a nice place to take a break while walking around the Marais. You can order an assortment of Middle Eastern Food. I’m noticing a rosé wine theme in my photos…
3. Have a gourmet picnic with food from Bon Marché (La Grande Epicerie and it’s a fun place to shop for gifts). There is a park across the street from the main department store. Everyone can pick something that catches their eye to share.
- Merci Store The displays are always changing (there is a beach theme right now). I find inspiration there
Like these free-form dishes, linen and
bed trays (which motivated me to buy one for chez moi).
2. Altermundi is not far from Merci. It is an eco-friendly shop that has something for everyone like fair trade scarves and vegan shoes.
Recently when we came to Paris, before heading to Provence, we stayed on the Left Bank at La Comtesse.
with a view…
When we came back to Paris after Provence, we stayed on the Right Bank at Hotel Baltimore. I think it was fun to switch up the locations like that and both hotels were lovely.
San Francisco Bay Area, London, Sydney, Buenos Aires and lots more places that I have experienced) with all my personal favorite things!
Other stories that may interest you…