- Your number one mode of transportation will be your feet! Don’t wear uncomfortable or new (I’ve made that mistake) shoes. Fortunately, lots of Parisians are running around in these…
- Metro It’s relatively easy to navigate… buy a carnet (packet of 10 for a better deal)…don’t throw away your ticket until you walk through the gate at your destination stop. Our son, Tommy did when he was younger and we had to pay an on the spot fine. Try this I-Tunes App.
- Uber Yes, we had good luck with it in Paris!
- Hotels: Check out Tablet Hotels. For smaller, boutique hotels, we like Hotel La Voisier in our old neighborhood (8th arrondissement). And just recently, we stayed at the Hotel Baltimore (16th arrondissement). Ask if breakfast is included…nice start to the day.
- Apartments to Rent. We have had good luck with Haven In Paris. We stayed here before. This one comes with a great kitchen and Howard shopped at his favorite markets in our old neighborhood. My sister said that his dinner was the best she had in Paris.
- Del Papa On Saint Honoré…good Italian food…hey, why not? Unpretentious and reliable.
- Restaurant Le Grand Colbert We celebrated our anniversary here…
- La Bourse et La Vie I read about this restaurant on David Leibovitz’s blog (follow him if you like Paris). It starts off with a warm popover.
David said to order the pot roast…so I did. Simple French and delicious.
- Relais Entrecote There are a few and we normally go to the one on Marbeuf. Go early and wait in line. Good value. Wow…that Bernaise sauce! Just salad, steak and fries. Also dessert, but we never seem to have room for it!
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel We had a drink at the glam roof top bar and saw this..,
- Printemps Maison Go here to the roof top café for a panoramic view of Paris (much less expensive than the Mandarin Oriental 🙂 Truly spectacular.
Participating in the Spring Break Link Party.