Here’s the deal…some mistakes are expensive to correct. But this is
The One Decorating Mistake You Can Easily Fix
and this is hanging art at the right height!
Here are four good Art Hanging Tips. Many times, I see that it is hung too high. It could be a couple of inches off or several like below…
1. How High Should Art Be Hung
Basically, it depends but…
- A good rule of thumb is to hang art approximately eye level so that its midpoint is between 57 and 60 inches from the floor.
- Aim for the lower end of the range if you will mostly see the art while sitting like in a dining room.
- In rooms with ceilings higher than eight feet, artwork can be hung a little higher than 60 inches off the floor.
- If you’re hanging your art above furniture, it can be 4-8 inches above the piece.
2. Not every wall has to have art
…give the eye a chance to rest.
3. If your art is small
…find a smaller wall, bookshelf, or group small art together for greater impact.
4. Hang Gallery Walls With Consistency
The One Decorating Mistake You Can Easily Fix And…
I have a confession to make. This mirror was about two inches too high for the past several years…and before writing this post, I got Howard to help me lower it. Don’t wait as long as I did 🙂
And you can see some of the uniform spacing on the gallery wall in the reflection.
And those are my Art Hanging Tips!
You make also like 5 Tips For Arranging Art For a New Look.