It’s been so fun having Juliet as a client. She is not afraid of color and it fits her sunny, witty personality. I am happy that she is pleased with her new living room.
1. Pull in color from something you love like your rug or artwork (in Juliet’s case, she fell in love with this Schumacher Huntington Gardens linen).
Notice the coral, turquoise and greens that give us direction.
We had curtains made.
2. Bring in color with pillows. I’m a broken record about this–but new pillows with good down and feather inserts can really make a room.
We used China Seas Bijou Stripe…and look at these complicated instructions for Liana…
3. Keep some neutrals to prevent over-saturation.
This is the Cardiff chair from PB.
4. Consider small accessories, like these coasters from Anthropologie for a little splash of color.
The coffee table is from Ballard and the hurricane and tray (purchased in the store but I don’t see it on-line) are new from Pottery Barn.
5. House plants really add a pop of fresh green.
6. Bring in fresh flowers (these are from Juliet’s garden) or branches with leaves.
I told Juliet that I wanted her to light candles every night like I do.
She texted me this photo that she is following my instructions 🙂
Thanks so much for the amazing/encouraging comments on my previous post regarding the length/frequency of my posts. I’m going to pretty much keep things “as is.”
We are going to meet our friends in the Bahamas and I am rushing to get things squared away…so that I can get sand between my toes and dig into a good book.
Hope your summer is off to a good start!