There are lots to share for my Fave Faves with Annie and Cindy such as a perfect 24 hours in Savannah, Georgia, how I decorate mirrors for the holidays, a great cashmere wrap (nice present for the traveler), an intriguing read (I finished it in three days)
1. A Perfect 24 Hours In Savannah, Georgia
Last week, my sister, Howard, Thomas, and I (along with our dogs) went to Savannah for the day and night to celebrate our son, Thomas’ birthday. We all agreed that it was a perfect 24 hours!
Here are some highlights:
- Charming Hotel in the Historic District: The Drayton Hotel a former bank building was reinvented as a boutique hotel. It’s friendly and intimate. The bar has fun cocktails. Don’t miss the included breakfast. We each got something different and tasty but my sister, Teresa’s French toast was really yummy.
- We took the dogs on a self-guided walking tour downloaded here. It’s free.
- Husk Restaurant was good for dinner. “Ingredient-driven Southern fare & cocktails are served in a landmark mansion with porch seating.”
2. Comfortable Walking/Travel Attire
My friend, Mercedes gets lots of compliments on her White + Warren travel wrap in navy…so much so that she just ordered the camel version.
Since I am “diminutive” I ordered the smaller travel scarf in black…and wore it out walking in Savannah. Here I am in the hotel lobby.
There are lots of colors from which to choose… and more on the website.
Makes a luxe gift!
3. Holiday Outfit That Transitions From Home To Out To Dinner
White and Warren Cashmere Scarf or Wrap • Beaded Necklace • Velour leggings • Sweater Tunic (I have this and it’s 30% off now–lots of colors) • Dior Rouge (a basic that I use when I want to be festive) • Red nail polish • Crossbody bag • My favorite $20 suede slippers for staying at home • For out to dinner: Booties with a block heel for comfort (on sale…PLUS an extra 30% off today so I just ordered them).
4. Mirrors Decorated For The Holidays
Mirrors in your home are an opportunity to decorate for Christmas like we did last year with fresh pine garland…
And a faux one with juniper berries in our foyer this year…
The real bamboo mirror is by Serena And Lily.
5. What To Read/Listen To
I finished the audiobook of “Lessons In Chemistry” in three days! It’s full of emotion, and humor and reminds you of how hard it was for women in business or at home in the 60s.
“Meet Elizabeth Zott: a “formidable, unapologetic and inspiring” (PARADE) scientist in 1960s California whose career takes a detour when she becomes the unlikely star of a beloved TV cooking show in this novel that is “irresistible, satisfying and full of fuel. It reminds you that change takes time and always requires heat” (The New York Times Book Review).
If you are new here, each Sunday I share my top five favorite things along with my friends, Cindy and Annie. It’s like our weekly “catch-up” phone call. If you would like to receive this series every week, please sign up HERE.
Shop The Post:
Let’s see what Annie and Cindy’s Five Faves are this week: