Hello! How are you today? The weather is great here in San Francisco. Howard and I are going to lunch at a restaurant on Union Street that branched out on to the sidewalk and street for more separated outdoor space. New normal. I will let you know how it goes.
Cindy, Annie, and I each send newsletters of our favorite finds every week. We thought it would be fun to link to each other’s posts. I know you will enjoy and learn from them as I do! So at the end of the post, you will find more links to…
Five Favorite Finds You Need To Know
1. Trader Joe’s Sunflowers
Sunflowers are inexpensive at Trader Joe’s right now…so is the chamomile. I added rosemary but you could use any greenery from your yard. That vase was 75% off at Anthropologie (no longer available). I like to occasionally look in their sale section!
Note: There are some affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting CCH!
2. What To Watch On Television
The third season of Yellowstone with Kevin Costner is back. The storyline is good…and I love the scenes of nature…almost like being in the national park.
3. Skincare and Bug Bite Advice
My sister’s neighbor recommended this Trader Joe’s Lemongrass Coconut Body Oil (she was not getting bitten by mosquitos and I was). I’m not sure if it is a mosquito repellent but I LOVE the way it goes on after a shower! I add Jergen’s Natural Glow to it to maintain a little color!
- Antiseptic ( helps to dry the bites) then over the counter cortisone cream. We have a lot of mosquitoes in New Orleans.
- I have a bad reaction to bug bites and get huge welts too. I’ve used After Bite which does help.
- Try ice and cold compresses
- Castor oil works well to draw things out!
- Try Caladryl Clear. It works.
- Take it from someone who lives in the South, where we have chiggers. We use Witch Hazel. Calms those bites.
- I feel for you as I’m perpetually covered in bites and the occasional poison oak. This may sound strange and it won’t heal them any faster, but it will give you relief from the itching for hours. Point a hot hairdryer on the itchy spots (it’s like scratching them without actually doing it) and just when you can’t stand the heat anymore…stop. It causes the body to protect from a burn and actually numbs the itch for quite some time. It’s the only thing that gives me any relief!
- I use cortisone and Advil. Sometimes Benadryl for a day to help calm your system down.
- Just put a drop of lavender oil right on each bug bite and massage it. Lavender soothes and helps with inflammation! (note: I bought the essential oils starter kit from Annie and for more info. checkout this).
4. Cute Embroidered Dress
This J. Crew shift dress is on sale (40% off) and comes in classic, petite, and tall. I can’t decide which color to get. What do you think?
Gap Straw Hat • Gap White Denim Jacket • Embroidered dress on sale • Gold bangle • Cole Haan sandals at 75% off. (I have these and so far 110 of you guys have bought them too!) • Straw Cross-over bag on-sale
5. One Dish Meal That Howard Is Making Once A Week (we like it that much)
We like asparagus but you could also use green beans or snap peas. If you want it spicier, we add Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch. Look for it in the store!
For more really good recipes, make sure you read my last post, Progressive Barbecue Menu.