Hello! Today I have some good things for you like breezy summer dresses, an easy, crunchy salad, my Florida friends’ sunblock recommendations, and more! Be sure to check out Annie and Cindy’s finds at the end!
INSALATA FINOCCHIO (Fennel, Celery Salad with Oranges)
Howard made it for me at home and it’s delicious. Serves two.
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, cut into segments with skin removed
- 3 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup shaved Pecorino cheese
- drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- spritz with juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine ingredients and serve.
What To Read
I enjoyed this audiobook “The Rose Code” by Kate Quinn. “1940. As England prepares to fight the Nazis, three very different women answer the call to mysterious country estate Bletchley Park, where the best minds in Britain train to break German military codes.” All three women are interesting but I really liked the vivacious and witty debutante, Osla.
The Best Sunblocks
My Florida girlfriends and I have a text chain where we can keep in touch. Recently, everyone chimed in with what they use for sunblock. Which was timely as my dermatologist told me I should be wearing an SPF of 50 every day.
- Mary Ann’s: La Roche Posay (recently a few people recommended this to me on Instagram when I mentioned needing something). I like that it’s tinted.
- Neutrogena: Another recommendation that I received. It’s a spray…so that is convenient. I use it on my arms, hands, and chest too.
- Dorothy uses PCA Skin “My favorite as it is water-resistant 80 minutes and has zinc and titanium.”
- Mercedes uses Dermalogica. Pricey but I got this as a gift and really liked it.
- Julz works for a skin cancer foundation and recommends Isdin.
- , 7. Netta uses Elta MD…another brand that several people recommended on my Instagram page.
11 Healthy Trader Joe’s Snacks
Take a look at this article. There are some things I have to look for at Trader Joe’s next time.
Breezy Summer Dresses ~ Reasonably Priced
Recently, I bought a dress from Bohme. Have you heard of them? I saw them on Instagram and then their advertisements on CCH. Anyway, I purchased a white embroidered, comfortable dress and it’s already sold out. So if you like something, don’t wait.
They have some flowy, affordable things for summer like…
You may also like Wearable Spring Fashion.
Those are my picks this week: breezy summer dresses, fennel/orange salad, sunblock recommendations, and a good book.
Now let’s check out…