Hello! Welcome to my Five Faves with Annie and Cindy! Today is about achieving stylish updates with upholstered cubes (Studio McGee for Target has some more new, cool ones) and modifying window treatments. Along with what to watch on television and a delicious fresh pizza to have with the show!!
1. Window Treatment Update Instead Of Starting Over
My client, Suzanne, wanted new curtains in her living room to update things.
But when I went over, I saw that the fabric was nice. It was in the dining room too, so I suggested removing it from there and using the fabric to extend the existing curtains…and removing the valances. They may come back in style…so she can hang on to them if she likes.
We used a pretty woven trim at the window sill line to hide the seams and simple bronze hardware installed up high to bring your eye up. And we hid the busy wooden shutters behind them.
I also did a little styling with accessories that Suzanne already owned. I have more ideas for this room…but Suzanne is happy for now.
2. Sweetener With Zero Calories
While I was at Suzanne’s house, she served coffee. I don’t normally use sweetener in my coffee, but I was intrigued by this zero-calorie monk fruit granulated sweetener. Have you tried it? What did you think?
3. What to Watch
Cry Macho With Clint Eastwood
It’s good to see Clint Eastwood still acting and I liked this storyline.
“A one-time rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder, in 1978, takes a job from an ex-boss to bring the man’s young son home and away from his alcoholic mum. Crossing rural Mexico on their back way to Texas, the unlikely pair faces an unexpectedly challenging journey.”
What not to watch?
Perhaps I should give it more of a chance but I just found it so seedy and depressing: “Impeachment: American Crime Story.” It examines the national crisis that led to the first impeachment of a U.S. President in over a century. It tells this story through the eyes of the women at the center of the events: Monica Lewinsky, Linda Tripp, and Paula Jones.
Have you watched it? Should I give it another try?
4. Stylish Upholstered Cubes From Target
Did you see that Target is offering more versions of the Studio McGee stylish upholstered cube? I love the price and versatility. You could use one or two as a footstool in a living room or nursery (like the top left in bouclé), at the foot of your bed, or in your entry.
We use ours as a footstool in this reading nook…
Danielle uses her stylish upholstered cubes extra seating in her new Santa Monica living room (that her dog, Eloise loves too). We are working on a cute neutral nursery for her family right now.
You can also get it as a double…in a bench version.
You may also like 24 Small Stools To Update Your Look.
5. What To Cook – Trader Joe’s Fresh Pizza Dough
Sometimes you just need a fresh pizza!
If you have Trader Joe’s fresh pizza dough and cheese in the fridge, you can make a delicious pizza in no time with whatever else you have!
- Let the dough come to room temperature on the kitchen counter and preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
- Roll out or stretch the dough with your knuckles (I learned this from my first job at 16 years old working in a pizza and sandwich deli).
- Add grated cheese like Fontina or Mozarella…and whatever else you have. I used Proscuitto slices, marinated sliced red onions, and grape tomatoes. You could use other sliced vegetables, mushrooms, spinach, pepperoni, etc.
- Then I sprinkled parmesan cheese, Italian dried herbs, and drizzled olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (keep an eye on it) until golden brown.
Tip: Before baking, sprinkle your pan or pizza stone with cornmeal to help the pizza slide off.
Let’s check out what Cindy and Annie have for us!