- the grass cloth Roman shade softens the window and provides filtered light
- the branches flanking the sink are a pretty idea
- the cement tile floor is cool, of course, but I wonder about the durability. We couldn’t go in the room as they were already resealing the floor (wasn’t it JUST put in and sealed?)
- Love the warmth of the wooden floating shelves and the tiled hood and backsplash create clean lines
- I like the custom feel of the monogrammed mirror and the elegant sconces
- The woodwork in this hallway dresses it up while still feeling “cottage-y” and the pendants add a little drama
- I love the details on this Oly day bed and
- the addition of gold and brass accents
- and the grasscloth wallpaper by Zoffany
Here’s the room that I told the homeowner was my favorite. I loved the aviary inspired details. The designer, Miyuki Yamaguchi, was in the room when we visited. She said the homeowner was a wine maker and birds were the enemy–eating his grapes. She convinced him that she would help him find a wife if he let her run with the bird motif.
And later the homeowner told me the same story with a smile on his face.
- Bird cages painted on the wall
We were given fresh smelling samples from Napa Soap Company.
Finally, we toured a guest house as a part of a boutique hotel. The color palette is soothing.
It was a fun time…I hope to go again next year with Cindy and Pat. There was a lot more to see than what I’ve shown, in fact, I wonder what Cindy at Rough Luxe spotted. Think I will head over there now!