Here are ways to help you achieve that.
2. PLANTS (as a centerpiece or tree). This will give your dining room some “life.”
3. RECOVER CHAIR SEATS (like I did below–it doesn’t require tons of fabric).
4. ADD UPHOLSTERED HOST CHAIRS OR A BENCH
5. INVEST IN A LIGHT FIXTURE YOU LOVE.
6. TONE DOWN THE FORMALITY WITH YOUR TABLE SETTINGS
We used these tips with a recent e-design. This is a young family’s dining room in Texas. Nice furniture but needs some oomph. I used her light blue art (not shown below) for inspiration.