Good morning! I want to show you simple, but elegant coffee table styling for a rectangular shape, soaps I’m loving (good for dry skin), the rug that makes me happy to come down to the living room in the morning, and more!
It’s Five Faves time with Annie and Cindy!
1. Soaps That Make You Feel Good
My daughter gave me this non-drying liquid soap for my birthday, Naturium The Glow Getter Multi-Oil Hydrating Body Wash. Thanks, Alexandra. It’s pretty out by my bathtub.
I’ve mentioned Aesop Reverance Liquid Soap before. It’s an exfoliating hand wash to gently scrub hands, featuring a blend of botanical extracts and finely milled pumice. Your hands feel soft and cleaner. Looks cool in your powder room.
The Oatmeal Honey Bar Soap from Trader Joe’s is great, too.
2. Our New Great Room Rug That I’m Loving
Our last sisal rug was 10 years old and was stained from my trying to clean Chief’s throw-up (he’s got a sensitive stomach) with harsh chemicals.
Our new rug has the soft feel of wool, but it’s made from recycled bottles (eco-friendly) and stain-resistant. We needed a large rug for our great room with a subtle pattern. This is a 10′ x 14′. The chambray blue color feels neutral but It also comes in tan and charcoal.
3. New Colorful Design Book
“The Well Loved House” by Ashley Whittaker. “In her first book, Elle Decor A-List decorator Ashley Whittaker shares the secrets of her colorful, pattern-filled classic rooms.”
This book looks great with its jacket off as you can see below, which is nice on a coffee table. Great gift.
The heavenly-scented, luxe Le Labo candle was a gift from my daughter for being one of the hosts of her baby shower. The box it comes in can be personalized. Mine said “Grandma.”
4. Simple, Elegant Coffee Table Styling
It depends on the size/shape of your coffee table, but I like to style in threes and a box is nice to store remotes and glasses.
How to style a simple, elegant coffee table…
5. What to Watch
We just finished the last season of “Derry Girls.” It was cute. When I mentioned watching “Empress” last Sunday, these were some reader suggestions…
- “I have a movie suggestion that I watched last night on Amazon Prime. “Perfume”, is a delightful French film about a woman who designed perfumes for Dior but lost her “nose”. You will love her relationship with her chauffeur.”
- “Another great movie on Netflix is I Am Women. So many layers, everyone should watch this, it makes you THINK. The music is great too! It’s only available until October 23 so get watching.”
- “They told us about a movie with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. Before Sunrise, have you seen it!?”
- ” If you love Before Sunrise, you should know that there are TWO MORE movies in this trilogy by Richard Linklater, the genius who brought us Boyhood. All three movies are highly rated on Rotten Tomatoes.”(I think these movies are”Before Sunset” and “Before Midnight.”
Thanks so much for your always-welcome feedback!
If you are new here, each Sunday I share my top five favorite things along with my friends, Cindy and Annie. It’s like our weekly “catch-up” phone call. If you would like to receive this series every week, please sign up HERE.
Let’s see what Annie and Cindy’s Five Faves are this week: