1. Create a simple theme I thought “birthday” and mangos were on the menu…so I used them to decorate, too, like in this centerpiece and for the party favors.
2. Plan the menu and shop ahead (duh…you knew that right?).
3. VERY important…delegate. People like to be involved.
4. Make it self service. We served the salad but set up a food table for the rest.
5. Take shortcuts where you can with store bought items, like dessert.
As hey, It’s San Deeahgo
with Store Bought Pesto Sauce and Burrata Cheese
…I highly recommend looking around for what you already have.
Tip #6 Ask Someone to Make a Party Music List
In our case, Tommy made a great list of Howard’s old favorites and new songs. Later, we were all dancing (including the dogs) around the fire pit…but the photos are too embarrassing to show.
We also just had a fun, casual French themed party in San Francisco… so, I will be showing that post soon (the napkins for it were sponsored by Minted. …and gave me inspiration).