Today I’m joining some talented hostesses for their recommended soup and salad recipes. I’m sharing a delicious, lemony Shrimp Orzo Salad with Kalamata olives, bell pepper, feta cheese, and mint. It makes a great main course salad, that you can cut in half for two people or double for a crowd.
Recently, we had a simple weeknight dinner party for four and served the Lemony Shrimp Orzo Salad with warm Oatmeal, Cranberry, and Chocolate Chunk cookies for dessert.
Here in Jacksonville, Florida, Mayport Shrimp is caught locally at the mouth of the St. Johns River, where it meets the Atlantic Ocean. Super fresh! But you can also get great shrimp flash frozen in your supermarket.
Do you follow The View From The Great Island? Sue Moran writes the blog and I find her recipes to be easy and creative. You will want to pin this one!
These are BIG cookies! You use an ice cream scoop and then slightly flatten the cookies before baking.
They actually seem sort of healthy 🙂 I took some while still warm to a neighbor who just had a baby.
And I confess they taste GREAT with coffee for breakfast.
You may also like 7 Creative Salads Your Family And Guests Will Love and A Roundup Of My Best Desserts.
Let’s check out these creative recipes!
Blogger’s Best Soup and Salad Recipes
- Creamy Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup | Twelve on Main
- Easy Taco Soup Slow Cooker Recipe | Inspiration for Moms
- Lemony Shrimp, Orzo, Kalamata Salad | Classic Casual Home
- Japanese Cucumber Salad Recipe (Sunomono) | Happy Happy Nester
- Easy Tuscan Winter Soup | Most Lovely Things
- Sweet Corn Gazpacho Soup | Paint Me Pink
- Overnight Crockpot French Onion Soup | My Sweet Savannah
- Quick and Easy Tomato Soup with Salsa Verde | Make Mine A Spritzer
- The Best Peanut Soup and Salad Recpe | My 100-Year-Old Home
- Greek Lemon Orzo Soup | Eleanor Rose Home
Shop the post: