Why not throw a casual, stress-free New Years Eve party? Here’s our plan that you can follow. It’s not too late!
- Send out free and easy Evite invitations. There is a place below the invitation to describe the event. In our case…
MESSAGE FROM HOST
Come for cocktails, food, Champagne, karaoke, dice games, (just a regular Wednesday night for the Jokovichs), probably dancing if Alie does the playlist. And if we walk a block, we can view fireworks at midnight over the Bay!
- Plan a finger food buffet, like a spiral ham and warm biscuits. I want to make these Savory Cranberry Twists.
- If guests offer, ask them to bring a favorite appetizer or a bottle of Champagne
- Delegate other chores. My daughter is making the music playlist. Our friends are bringing their karaoke machine.
- Two days before the party, set up the food table’s platters and bowls (labeled with post it notes) and in our case, also a dice gaming table
- With the dice game, Left Right Center, we have gifts for the winners. Once someone wins, he picks out a gift and gives up his seat for another player. Some prizes…
- Set up a self serve bar and a separate sparkling wine/sparkling water station
- Everyone looks good in candle light. I like placing these all around the rooms…
Keep decorations simple. This New Years Banner is reusable.
- Party hats are always fun. My sister is bringing her collection of them.
- AND Stock up on plenty of water bottles for guests to take home. You may even splurge…