Welcome to my little shelter in place. So, I bet you are having your ups and downs…aren’t we all? It’s one of the things we all have in common. The streets of San Francisco have been quiet in spite of the beautiful weather… but that is a good thing, for now, right?
Let me share some other good things right now.
1. 20 Minute Everyday Vinyasa Yoga Flow Class
My daughter sent this to me. I’m so glad. It’s a great stretch! I’m going to do it every day in addition to walking the hills with Chief.
2. Giant Crispy Chewy Peanutbutter Chocolate Chip Cookie (Cheater’s Method)
I told Howard that I wanted to make cookies (I saw this pan banging method on the internet). I meant “make them from scratch” but he misunderstood me and brought home Toll House Peanutbutter Chocolate Cookie Dough. And let me tell you…they are delicious with my improvised method below. And you can just make a couple at a time if you want.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take four of the little scored squares and roll them into a ball (do this two times for two large cookies)
- Pat the balls down on parchment paper and sprinkle with a little sea salt
- Bake as directed. As the dough rises, take the pan out and bang it on the stovetop to flatten. Put back in the oven to cook a bit more and then take the pan out to bang it on the stovetop one or two more times until the cookies are flat and browned. Cool on a rack.
3. Clothing Staples On Sale
If you are like me with all this financial uncertainty, you might not feel like shopping much. But my favorite comfortable Natori bra is on the Nordstrom Sale now 40% off in this color. And these days hanging out at home, comfort is important. So if I’m not in workout clothes, I’ve been wearing a loose open front cardigan (like this one also on the Nordstrom sale for $29), layered over a thicker $14 cotton Gap T-shirt (comes in regular, tall and petite–easy to wash and no ironing), and these Banana Republic jeans (50% off).
Affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting CCH.
4. Libby App To Get Free E-Books From The Library
I’ve mentioned this Libby app before as I have downloaded free books from the library. All you need is a library card to sign up. Recently, I got an audiobook from it for the first time and I’m loving listening as I do dishes or take Chief for a walk. Right now, I’m listening to “The Library of Lost And Found” by Phaedra Patrick.
I like Pinecone and Acorn’s book recommendations on her Friday Favorite posts. I have a Pinterest Board “Books To Read” where I can keep track of things. I just finished “Educated.” It was interesting and a true story…but difficult to handle how horribly the author’s parents treated her. Have any recommendations for me?
5. Virtual Orchestra
Thank you, Mark, for sending this…
On Thursday, we have a Project Design: Uplifting Spring Tables. Even though we aren’t having large gatherings for a while, I’m going to show you what we did for my mom’s 95th birthday in February. Pretty, simple and low-cost inspiration for when we can do things like this again!
Stay well and God bless you.