The color green is very NOW… and have you noticed a resurgence in the popularity of house plants?
They are great to add color, freshness and clean the air. They work well in all sorts of décor: bohemian, modern, classic traditional, farmhouse casual… you name it. And with places like Trader’s Joe’s and Home Depot…they can be affordable, too!
1. Succulents planted in unusual containers. This was an industrial baker’s loaf pan purchased at a flea market…with pebbles added.
2. The fiddle leaf fig tree…yep, still cool…and add some greenery to the base with moss and shine with Green Glo Spray.
3. Buy affordable orchids/plants (this one was $12.99 at Trader Joes) and accessorize with twigs, shells and moss.
4. Potted hydrangea or other flowers. Here are two $10 plants from Trader Joe’s and I love how they keep blooming…I water when the soil is dry to touch by placing ice cubes in under the leaves (avoids dribbling water on the table, too).
5. Ferns on your table, mantel or in the fireplace during summer.
6. Topiaries for vertical spaces…like in my tiny office…
7. Hanging plants in woven slings (on sale) are retro/trendy…and fun.
This set of three porcelain planters would be pretty in a bathroom or with herbs in a kitchen.
Also, instead of fake, dusty ivy plants on top of bookcases or kitchen cabinets, consider baskets or ceramic jars like these from Wisteria…
Leave a Reply