Next Steps for Alie and Staci:
- For over the sofa, find a vintage/flea market rectangular (hang vertically) or a square mirror like this one…Bamboo Mirror
- Flank the mirror with two plug in sconces like these…
- Add a white lacquer tray to the coffee table with your fashion/art books
- No rush…but you might want to add some more color (I know you both like it)…
all black like these…
- Replace your chandelier with the updated white burlap drum shade from World Market that we bought (around $30).
- Paint the six blank canvas’s that you have for your modern art collection in your dining room. Get all those young talents you know to help…could be a party!
While walking Chief, I spotted a garage sale in the neighborhood and Alie picked up this dresser for $25
The rug is from IKEA and the drawers have been lined with this pretty Contact paper from Target.
- In her bedroom, Alie used an inexpensive IKEA frame for a free poster from a fashion show #affordable art
- She painted this Kreiss end table (formerly a pickled pink) from Salvation Army with Annie Sloan Provence.
It was a steamy, hot weekend in Los Angeles. Fun and productive but we had to take Chief to the emergency Vet due to some stomach issues. He’ll eat anything. 🙁
I think they are planning a house warming party soon!