How is fun this? To get these five “tried and true” excellent Thanksgiving side dishes from the bloggers participating in this new Project Design? My family and I will definitely be making these dishes. You will find all the recipe links at the bottom of the post.
My recommendation is to “take it easy on yourself” and volunteer to bring this dish to your Thanksgiving party. “Seared Green Beans, Tomatoes, and Shallots with Balsamic Drizzle”
You can blanch (“par-boil”) the green beans earlier in the day and then it’s basically three ingredients (four if you add the optional chopped parsley).
- one lb. green beans (haricots verts)
- one pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs. sliced shallot
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- one tbs. balsamic vinegrette
- 2 tbs. chopped parsley (optional)
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for three minutes, then strain and toss with ice to keep bright green. Air dry or dry with paper towels.
- Put the olive oil in a pan on medium/high heat.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and scallions.
- Stir with tongs and remove from heat after two minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
On Sunday, Howard and I were at our friends’ home in Winter Park, Florida for a festive autumn dinner…
Thank you, Netta and Woody!
Visit these ladies for fantastic Thanksgiving side dishes…