I gave my closet an overhaul and came up with these Fall Fashion Basics that can be mixed and matched. Some items I already have and there are a few I would love to have to update and refresh things. But first, here’s how I streamlined my closet…
Shoes and purses:
- organized by color and heel height/purse size
- cleaned shoes with make-up wipes and leather conditioner (Leather Honey from Amazon is great).
- discarded or donated worn out items
- organized by color, sleeve/hem length
- shaved pills off wool sweaters (I just carefully use a regular shaving razor)
- hung clothes on uniform skinny felt covered hangers (Amazon)
- donated ill-fitting/unflattering or rarely worn items
- rolled belts and folded scarfs and placed in a drawer
This first grouping has sort of an Audrey Hepburn classic feel: 1. black turtleneck 2. resin hoop earrings 3. camel blazer sweater I like that this looks polished but comfortable. 4. Classic Ray-Bans Have these. 5. leopard purse This is a great size and looks sharp. Also has a crossbody strap. 6. black skinny jeans These are flattering…my “good” ones. 7. black loafers I could use a new pair like these.
1. black tee Costs a little more but disguises my flab, so priceless. 2. wool hoodie 3. BR Skinny Jeans My sister and I both have these (comes in petite, too) and nice when there is a sale like now 40% off. 4. fedora I have been wanting one of these. 5. iPhone case and pouch I have the case and strap which I love to use walking Chief while listening to music, this one also has the pouch which would be nice to hold glasses or a lipstick. 6. leather sneakers I want to wear mine every day and these can be worn with casual dresses, too.
This classy outfit can take you from work to a dinner date. And again, lots of interchangeable items here.
1. Cardigan Mine is still in good shape. 2. White shirt I like to have two of these in the rotation. 3. Block heels I finally tossed out my old pair. Oh man! Just noticed that some sizes are sold out in the black already 🙁 These could work, too. 4. Belt I have a similar one. 5. Gold and leather bracelet I’m wearing my gold bracelets again and this would make a nice update to the mix. 6. 14k Gold Bangle 7. Slim bag 8. Black midi skirt Can be worn with boots, too. I have a similar skirt but would like this one by Sandro-Paris, too. This could be worn with the turtleneck sweater in the first mix, too.
1. Chambray shirt 2. Weekender bag 3. Skinny ankle pant Flattering. 4. Scarf 5. low cut bootie My daughter said it was time to lose my old tan booties–they had a good life). Just ordered these as an early birthday present to myself.