When we have company coming to stay overnight, I like to prepare a few special guest room touches. It lets them know that I am happy to have them. My sister was just here for a quick visit, so I took some photos. That’s the way ALL my blogs posts start out…either by preparing something or researching or finishing a project…I’m just lucky when I remember to take photos!
- Monogrammable hotel robes from Overstock–We have two sizes that I keep freshly laundered.
2. Fluffy towels (I like the white Fieldcrest ones from Target).
3. Fancy Water bottles (hey, do you know how much those would cost in a REAL hotel?) 4. Local Chocolates (we love these). Ghirardelli Square is not far away.
5. The pink notepad has the internet code inside 6. Fresh flowers are always nice.
6. A photo of you and your guests (this is normally in my bedroom) 7. tissue paper bow 🙂
In the morning, I let guests wake up when they want… but the smell of bacon gives them a nudge.
Oven baked bacon (Sprinkle with pepper. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees then turn over and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes). Have you tried the Trader Joe’s croissants? Set out the night before. I sprinkle cinnamon sugar on before baking. I usually make a guest’s first cup of coffee…
and serve them coffee in bed (in their hotel robes) and let them enjoy the view 🙂 …
Do you have any guest room touches that you like to do?
I’m so excited! We are going on vacation to Dublin with my husband, daughter, and son (going back to my roots…I’m Irish on my dad’s side) and then meeting friends in France…follow along with me on Instagram!