Hello! It’s starting to feel like Fall in San Francisco… which is really one of the best times of the year (very little fog and clear skies). This is a simple recipe for an Autumn Salad that I created recently using these ingredients from Trader Joe’s. My husband loves it…and he’s a great cook. It makes two servings but you could easily double or triple it!
- One ripe pear
- 1/2 small lemon
- Two cups arugula
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh fennel
- 1/4 cup crumbed feta
- 2 tablespoons of Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to your taste
- Thinly slice pear, put in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to avoid browning.
- Prepare salad dressing.
- Spread the arugula leaves on two salad plates.
- Arrange the pears slices on top and add the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad (there will be extra dressing).
I also served this one pan Mediterranean Chicken (that I’ve made many times) with the salad. It’s garnished with rosemary sprigs…gives the kitchen a nice fragrance.
This is the salad below just before I drizzled on the dressing. There is also a little glimpse of a new Project Design post coming THIS Thursday: Five Tablescapes to Try Before Thanksgiving. Be sure to stop by on Thursday for some inspiration from four other great bloggers.
You may also like…